CFC supports SB 63 to expand parental leave coverage to more workers
CFC supports SB 63 (Jackson) the New Parental Leave Act, a bill that will extend eligibility for job-protected parental leave to employees of companies with 20 or more workers. Existing job protections are only available to workers under the federal Family Medical Leave Act, which applies to companies with 50 or more employees.
While all California workers pay into the state’s Paid Family Leave fund through State Disability Insurance deductions, millions are unable to actually use it.
- 9/25/17 letter to Governor
- 9/5/17 Assembly Floor Alert
- 7/17/17 letter to Assembly Appropriations
- 6/14/17 letter to Assembly Labor & Employment
- 5/22/17 letter to Senate Appropriations
- 3/31/17 letter of support