How do you know if a website is trustworthy?
Look for a privacy “seal of approval,” such as TRUSTe on the first page of the website. TRUSTe participants agree to post their privacy policies and submit to audits of their privacy practices in order to display the logo. Other seals of approval are offered by the Better Business Bureau and VeriSign.
What should I do if my online account has been hacked?
Are cybercafes, airports, libraries and other publicly-available Internet terminals private?
What should I know about privacy policies?
- Online Privacy
- California Online Privacy Laws
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Protecting Your Child’s Online Privacy
- Teens’ Online Privacy
- Recent Online Privacy Legislation in California
- Tips for Safe Internet Use
- Is Your Computer Secure?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Online Privacy